Sound familiar? This statement is one that we hear more often than not, and unfortunately it is one of the main reasons why companies do not get around to training certain departments. If an entire team is busy in training, who will meet the deadlines during that time? Companies can’t afford to hire additional staff just to fill that gap, and getting temporary replacement staff for most roles in the business for such a short time is not a realistic option.
So where does that leave us? Stuck between a rock and a hard place? No. Fortunately, a bit of help from technology has created options for companies to address obstacles such as these.
South Africa has only very recently started embracing Online training as a reliable training methodology because there were barriers which are slowly being eliminated as the technological infrastructure of the country increases, though in overseas countries, online training has become a main source of education for businesses, individuals and even formal educational institutions such as Universities and Technikons.
Particularly for the plastics industry, Online Interactive Training is an incredibly beneficial option, and is now available to South African companies, with support from us. Here is a short list of top of mind benefits of training staff through online methodologies:
- Large numbers of candidates can be trained in shorts amount of time
- People can train wherever they are, as long as they have access to a computer and the internet.
- The Online Interactive training programmes are designed in a user-friendly manner, to enable those who haven’t had constant access to computers, to be able to navigate without a problem.
- There is an opportunity for revision which means high information retention rates.
- Employees continue at their own pace, regardless of the progress of others.
- Training material is updated from a central point, without having to be updated on each individuals training profile.
- Online Interactive training is exactly that – Interactive – ensuring that candidates are continuously engaged and actively learning in their scheduled study time.
- No drain on internal resources.
The real beauty of online training is in the convenience, flexibility and accessibility of it to anyone at any time of the day. Generally, this access to training is exceptionally beneficial for those who work as part of any supply chain where production shifts run 24 hours, 7 days a week, because as many as, for example, 20 employees can be trained, individually, during that 24 hour period without having large numbers taken off the production floor at the same time. For those who are in more senior roles or have other barriers to contend with such as a lack of hours in the day, Online training provides an opportunity for training before or after work, where an hour or two can be spared to make that investment in themselves.
This is currently one of the only methods which allows businesses to have the best of both worlds in terms of keeping production levels up, and upskilling staff simultaneously. It is important though, when considering the online training to ensure that the correct support is available to staff when necessary, and that the support is able to offer expertise and clarify aspects of the training quickly and efficiently, enabling staff to continue the training at their own pace, with work carrying on as usual.
Get in contact with us to find out more about the Online Interactive Plastics training we supply and support in SA.
Productive Services Company Listing